Why advance to the 3rd Degree of the Order? By S/K Joseph Coicou, FDD, PGK, PFN
1. Third Degree members are the only members who can be elected for an officer’s position (see SEC. 92 Knights of Columbus Charter, Constitution, and Laws).
2. Third Degree members can participate in the trial process if a Brother Knight broke one the laws of our Order (see SEC. 170 Knights of Columbus Charter, Constitution, and Laws).
3. Third Degree members can be a delegate for their council at the State Convention (see SEC. 12 Knights of Columbus Charter, Constitution, and Laws).
4. Third Degree members and their immediate family members can have 4th Degree Honor Guards be present at their wake (see Color Corps Drill Manual p. 27).
5. Third Degree members are eligible to advance to the 4th Degree (see SEC. 25 Laws and Rules Governing the Fourth Degree of the Knights of Columbus).
6. More importantly as a Third Degree member, you have reach full knighthood in the order and learned the lessons of the third degree, which is Fraternity.